27 June 2005

Officially The Bad Guy

So, as of last Wednesday evening I am now officially the bad guy. R is also a bad guy, but there's a twinge of pity for the poor man married to a bitch such as myself.

I walked over to her, told her I did not want to be involved in Karen's intervention, and if she had been able to keep me out of it, things would have been different. Which she denied and said Karen was lying. (Karen does NOT lie) I told her the reason R and I didn't want to be involved was that we didn't believe in trying to control someone else's life, it had nothing to do with whether we thought she drank too much or not. I told her I was tired of her lack of appreciation, tired of her disrespect for our property, tired of her ragging on me. I told her she needed to not only move her boat, but move it completely off our property. So no storing it for free in our back yard so she can find herself, I want it gone.

I was not calm cool and collected like I dreamed of being, I was slightly hysterical and yelled. Not a pretty sight at all, but I had to get it off my chest. I had several bloody noses last week, and I can bet it was due to high blood pressure. Not what I should be putting my body or my baby through.

The people who are moving the house boat just arrived, so R went over cut our fence and pulled out one fence pole so they could get to the boat. I'll be so happy when it's gone.

Sadly though, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to have my little get away over there anymore. The code enforcement says no, we can't. But more than that whoever is the complainer, has continually called the code enforcement officer all last week and again today concerned about our stuff. I really wish I knew who it was, to find out what their problem was. But, there's no way to find out. So even if we wanted to sneak our trailer over there for a weekend, the complainer will probably see it and call us in again. I want to sell.

If it didn't mean loosing our business, income and home, we'd probably opt for an easier place to live. It's just too complicated to change it now.

At least in a couple of months, we will really have our privacy back and not have to deal with Deb walking in at any hour of the day, without knocking. We won't have to deal with additional people if all we want to do if fish off our dock for a little while after work. So, as ugly as it all is, I know our own little family will be able to benefit from all this stress and mess.

Selfish? Maybe, but at a certain point in the giving process, I think you earn that right.

R promised me the other day, that no matter what happens, he won't help put our family under that kind of load ever again. For that I'm thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home