28 December 2005

After effects...

(So, my last post was cut short by R coming back from water testing a boat. He does not know I have this outlet, and would freak out if he found out.)

So, Our Holiday is winding down, We are celebrating with my family tomorrow. I'll be cooking a dinner, something I haven't done for them in years. (we normally end up with a very brief exchange with my negative family.) This year, with Mom's renewed attitude, I'm willing to try for more. We'll see what happens.

I still have a ton to do. I'm fighting a chest cold, which Dorado is coming down with. R, Tide, our brother-in-law and his Dad are offshore fishing today. R wanted me to go, but I feel like shit, and have too much to do. Oh yeah, what I have to do... I'm going to call Dorado's pediatrician for an appointment, because if this cold is too much for him I want to get him care before Jan. 1st when my "out-of-pocket-deductible" starts a new. Since in his 10 weeks of life he has managed to clinch his out of pocket for the year, I'd like to take advantage of that if he needs more care than I can give him at home. So, we'll see.

So, besides finding out what to do with Dorados chest cold, I still need to print out two of my calendars for my Mother and Grandmother. I still need to wrap (yes, wrap) all the gifts we're giving tomorrow. Plus clean and rearrange the Christmas chaos. Oh yeah, and R wants me to install the software for his new External DVD recorder drive I bought him for X-Mas. Though I realized he doesn't even have a DVD drive in his computer, so will need to take the DVD player out of my work PC and install it in his computer, take his CD-Drive and put it in mine. Not to mention that DirectX needs to be installed in his computer and there is some error where it wouldn't download the other day. Sweeeet. I love a challenge. If I had thought it to be this difficult I would have bought him a new computer. Except we were and are on a budget where that would be too much. Sigh.

We did have a lovely Christmas, Tide was so cute about the Santa thing. We kept urging him to hurry and get to bed so Santa could come. (or so Santas two helpers could assemble his drums and his brothers exersaucer) He went to bed and called for us shortly after saying he had to go pee. He got up and was going, R came in and told Tide he just saw on the news that Santa was in South Florida, so he's better get to bed... Tide hurried his task and kept saying he needed to close his eyes for Santa to come. It was so cute to see him run back to bed with his eyes closed. (I'm not kidding, he was bouncing off walls until I realized he had actually closed his eyes already, I did help guide him after that.) So, when he woke up and saw everything he was just ecstatic.

I can say putting a drum set together is NOT a quiet task. :)

Well, I need to end this for now, It's getting too late and I have a full day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home