29 June 2006

Living life on a different plane.

So, It's been too long. Things have been good, things have been bad. Things have been busy.

We just got back from our yearly vacation to the beautiful Florida Keys. Marathon to be exact. A gorgeous spot, scrumptious weather and a load of fish caught. A few major family fights later, we're back at work tighter than ever ready for a break from any human that crosses our path. Instead we get to host a bunch of the same family we fought with a week ago. Smiling and carrying on like life is just fucking peachy. Yipee yaw.

So, instead of going into the drudgery of crap we're shoveling, I'll talk about my boys instead, since that really is what I find pleasure in.

They are both growing so fast. Dorado started crawling quite some time ago. (bad mother doesn't remember when...) He started with the army crawl and has now moved onto a gimp crawl. He crawls on all fours except he uses his right foot instead of knee. So he looks really strange boogying at you in such a way. What ever works for him. He's still showing his major strong headed ways. He gets so pissed off when things don't go his way. I can't help but laugh since an angry baby is just... Funny. Poor guy. Last night he screwed up royally. His crib is right next to my side of the bed. For me-me-me not him. Ah-hem. Anyway, He has refused to hold his own bottle until... LAST NIGHT! I stuck the bottle in and went searching for a stuffed animal to prop the bottle up for him to eat while I slept. I turned to prop, and lo and behold my son had both hands wrapped firmly around the bottle slogging away. I did a very quick and silent wah-hoo dance and dropped into bed. Ha ha... No more buddy, no more indentured servant here buck-o... Your time has come. Heh heh heh.

He is a great baby, very happy and inquisitive, though I don't know many babies who aren't. He loves to scream-talk... That piercing babble that IS his communications. I swear I'd love to have a volume control knob on the back of his head. Actually I love it, he's not crying mad, he's just screaming. I talk to him he answers in his own scream. It's cute, really. Speaking of cute, I must plug this pic of him in his boat swing. That's where he hangs out while we are offshore fishing. He can see everything, and rocks just enough to lull him into multiple naps.

Tide has been doing very well. In May, they moved him into his new school. I have/had him at a daycare/preschool. In the fall he'll enter a Pre-K class. They have a whole different school building for Pre-K, so they moved him and his classmates to help with their transition when school starts in August. So, He's doing pretty well. They have about six different subjects they do in a day. The BIG thing is... NO NAP. Ugh. My 3 1/2 yr old still needs his nap. So, it's been a struggle with that part of the transition. Tide is writing his numbers and letters at school. Not perfectly, but he's doing some. He has really started to become a great little boy. He's growing out of his last tantrum stage we just went through. He's picking up his toys and helping with his brother. He's polite and loving. I just can't believe it when I see how big he's getting and how mature he's acting... Sigh.

He started snorkeling while in the Keys. He had a lot of fun with his cousins. (they are 4 and 6) He also went fishing with us for four days... He's such an old salt. I'm so proud to see him walk all over the boat with ease, so comfortable even in rougher seas.


As usual I've been interrupted by multiple customers and a sick kid. (yes, Tide had a low grade fever so they sent him home) So, as my whole train of thought just got sliced into a million pieces, I'll leave you with this... My largest Dolphin catch to date... Gotta love it.

So a little bloody and all, but a great catch... 39 pounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home