12 March 2005

Why "Anyway"

I think I chose this name for my Blog because "I HATE PEOPLE" would be entirely too negative. Besides, "Anyway" reminds me of my best friend. It reminds me of dreaming, of searching and longing for something that I don't know and haven't seen.

I guess that's pretty much it. I'm not a deep thinker. At least not anymore. I have a Toddler. The BIG "T". His name is Tide. Yes, T (as in Tomato), I (as in Iguana), D (as in Dog) and E (as in Egg). People have problems with his name. They can not grasp the concept that his name is NOT "Ty" or the first white "Tyrone" or some other thing that they can conjure up to sound vaguely like his name. Really it is not a hard name. It's even spelled just like it sounds. In fact we have two great examples of Tide in our society. One being the reason R and I named him Tide... As I say when I tell people his name. "Tide, like the ocean." Yeah yeah, there's Low Tide and High Tide... (giggle giggle from the people who can't say that without picturing him coming home at 16 "high") The other prominant Tide in good (?) ole' United States is Tide the laundry detergent. Which sadly (to me) people have thought we named him after our laundry soap... Dumbasses.

I also have two dogs. A rotweiller named Ruger, who turned 11 in December. He is relatively new to us, we took him from our neighbor after a Hurricane ripped through here. They had left him on an 8ft chain and never looked back. So when they returned and saw their dog here, we ignored them. They asked for him back, we told them no, he was fine here. End of story. Our other Dog is a Boxer/Shepard mix named RPM. She is a frisbee dog and a play machine. She does not stop playing...ever. We've had her since she was 8 months old. She's now 7. I think.

We have had, several large Iguanas, a 6ft Boa, and babysat a bird for two years. I WILL NOT have another Bird.

That is my household right now. We're expecting our second child (if all goes well) October 9th. I have a feeling it's a Boy. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home